First TransPennine Express (FTPE) runs inter-city train services
on three main routes across the North of England. We link Liverpool
and Manchester with Leeds, York and the North East, with Sheffield
and Doncaster, and with the Lake District and beyond.
In December 2007 our rail network expanded to link Manchester
with Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Delivering great service every day.
We know this is what our customers and stakeholders expect from
us and it means we have to continuously improve to meet their ever
increasing expectation of 'great service'.
Describe the way we work and set a meaningful standard for our
employees to drive behaviours that will help us deliver Our
Our five values are:
- Committed to our Customers
- Dedicated to Safety
- Supportive of Each Other
- Accountable for Performance
- Setting the Highest Standards
We set ourselves objectives covering employee, customer, social
responsibility and business performance ensuring there is a
balanced focus of our business.
There are improvement plans and targets for each of the
objectives to drive improvement with progress routinely reviewed
and reported. It's vital we keep innovating and improving our
service to keep meeting customer expectations.
- Introduction of the new trains and timetable development
that will deliver the biggest ever uplift in capacity and
improvements to journey times.
- Continued focus on safety and security.
- Investing and caring for in our people.
- Improving the service standards on our trains and
- Reducing our environmental impact.
- Supporting and have a positive impact on the communities
- Engaging with our stakeholders to keep them informed
about our current and future plans.
- Developing 'great value' products and promotions to our