Twitter Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
1. The #PictureThisTPE competition commences on 13 May
2013 and closes midnight on 26 May 2013. The winner will
be chosen after the closing date.
2. The competition is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and
over, except employees and their immediate families of First
TransPennine Express (FTPE), Malmaison, their agents or anyone
professionally connected with this prize draw.
3. Entrants must Tweet @TPExpressTrains a picture relevant to
a given theme (to be unveiled on Twitter page) and include the
4. All entries must be received by midnight on 26
May 2013; entries received after this time will not be
5. Promoter's decision is final and binding and no
correspondence will be entered into.
6. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and
must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must
be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must
have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries, or
their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Further,
entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their
7. Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they
submit to FTPE. By entering the competition, all entrants grant
FTPE the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on
Pinterest, Facebook and on our website. No fees will be payable for
any of the above uses. Entrants whose photographs are displayed
also agree to take part in post-competition publicity. While we
make every effort to credit photographers, including in printed
reproductions of their work, we cannot guarantee that every
broadcast use of the photographs will include the photographers'
names or twitter handle.
8. Prior to submission, entrants must not have offered any of
their entries for sale, been paid for any publication of any of
their entries, or won or been a runner- up in any other
photographic competition with any of their entries.
9. By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be
bound by these rules and the FTPE reserves the right to exclude any
entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute
discretion if FTPE has reason to believe that an entrant has
breached these rules.
10. The prize is defined as 'a one night stay with dinner for
two people in a Malmaison hotel, plus standard return train
travel to The prize is subject to availability and
non-transferable. The prize is valid at Malmaison hotels on the
Transpennine Express route: Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool,
Edinburgh, and Newcastle.'
11. The prize may not be exchanged for a cash alternative, or
different other Malmaison hotels outside of the Manchester, Leeds,
Liverpool, Edinburgh and Newcastle.
12. The prize includes FTPE standard class return train
travel. If the winner resides outside of the FTPE network, they are
required to make their own way to our nearest served station and
take a FTPE train from there.
13. The prize does not include meals, beverages, additional
expenditure or spending money aboard the trains. Train travel is
offered subject to availability.
14. Train travel is only valid on FTPE train services to
Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Edinburgh and Newcastle and cannot be
used on other operators' trains.
15. FTPE reserves the right to cancel this competition or
alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its
opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
16. The winner will be selected by FTPE and
17. If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable
attempts have been made, the FTPE reserves the right to either
offer the prize to a runner-up or to re-offer the prize in any
future prize give away.
18. These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
This prize give away is administered by FTPE.
19. Any prize supplied by a third party is based on an
agreement between the individual and the third party in question.
FTPE accepts no responsibility for the terms and conditions
20. When the winner is notified, FTPE will supply contact
details for the individual to arrange prize details in
Additional promotions run on Twitter by @TPExpressTrains
1. FTPE reserves the right to
launch additional Twitter prize give away in addition to the terms
outlined above for #PictureThisTPE.
2. Where any competition or promotions
launched on Twitter involve an image entry mechanic, FTPE reserves
the right to use content on Pinterest, Facebook etc.
3. Winners of any Twitter based prize
give away will be picked at random by FTPE staff or
4. Winners will be contacted via Twitter
- those failing to respond for prize collection within 30 days will
lose their rights to claim.