Our 10th anniversary offer has now closed. If you have entered and are eligible as per the terms and conditions below, you will receive your £10-off code via email on Thursday 27th February.
*Terms and conditions apply - please read full terms below.
Terms and Conditions
Your participation in First TransPennine Express’ (‘FTPE’) £10 off 10,000 FTPE Advanced tickets promotion (the ‘Offer’) shall be deemed to be your complete understanding and full acceptance of the Terms and Conditions herein.
The following are the Terms and Conditions of the Offer.
1. Offer available to UK (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) residents only. [18+].
2. FTPE will release a PIN number (‘PIN’ or ‘PINs’) to claim a £10 discount to the first 10,000 valid Participants into the Offer.
3. The £10 discount applies to FTPE Advance tickets bought between Friday 28 February 2014 and Thursday 13 March 2014 via the website link provided in the email containing the PIN. Advance ticket terms are available below.
4. Discount is only available on tickets routed ‘TPE Only’ or ‘TPE & Connections’ and is not valid on any other types of tickets.
5. FTPE Advance tickets must be for travel between Saturday 1 March 2014 up to and including Thursday 5 June 2014, subject to industry fare approvals.
6. Registration to receive the Offer will open at GMT 09:00 Friday 14 February 2014 via its Facebook App, and will close EITHER on GMT 09:00 Friday 21 February 2014 OR when FTPE receives 10,000 registrations, whichever is soonest.
7. There is no requirement to ‘like’ FTPE’s Facebook page as a condition of entry.
8. In the event FTPE receives 10,000 registrations prior to the defined closing date, it will close the registration App as soon as convenient for FTPE to do so, and no further registrations can be made – this will be communicated on the Facebook App and the web page.
9. To make a valid registration, Participants must enter their details by visiting the App hosted on FTPE’s Facebook page, where registration details can be entered, by visiting: bit.ly/bigbirthdaygiveaway. Please enter the URL as specified here. There may be some issues accessing this link via mobile devices so please register via a desktop device where possible.
10. The Offer is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, and there is a complete release of Facebook by the participant (the ‘Participant’). You are providing your information to FTPE, not Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for the purpose of facilitating the Offer. All Participants agree to give Facebook a complete release from any and all legal liability in connection with the Offer.
11. ELIGIBILITY: A Participant’s registration DOES NOT automatically guarantee eligibility to receive a £10 discount PIN. A registration shall be deemed eligible at FTPE’s discretion when ALL the following conditions are met:
a) Registration includes first and last name, house number, email and postcode.
b) The ‘I have read, understood and fully accept the T&Cs of this offer, which are available below and on our website at tpexpress.co.uk/anniversary’ box is selected.
c) The registration is within the first 10,000 received OR that the registration is submitted BEFORE GMT 09:00 Friday 21 February 2014, whichever comes first.
d) Any registration received beyond the 10,000 cut-off OR after the defined closing date will be deemed ineligible.
12. FTPE will NOT be held responsible for any invalid, misspelt or inaccurate details provided, such as incorrect email addresses or postcodes.
13. Strictly one (1) application per Participant.
14. INELIGIBILITY: Any registration with incomplete information will be deemed ineligible to receive a £10 discount PIN at FTPE’s discretion. In the event that FTPE deems a Participant to have made multiple registrations to enter, or to have acted in bad faith with respect to the Offer, the Participant shall be excluded from the Offer at its discretion and consequently ineligible to qualify to receive a £10 discount PIN.
15. FTPE will email unique £10 discount PINs to all valid Participants on Thursday 27 February 2014 and MUST be redeemed via the website link provided in the email containing the PIN.
16. REDEEMING: £10 discount PINs must be redeemed by GMT 23.59 Thursday 13 March 2014, after which time the code will expire and no longer be redeemable. It is assumed that by entering, the Participant has fully understood the redeem-by date of the £10 discount PIN:
a) FTPE will not issue further £10 discount PINs in the event a Participant has not been able to redeem their £10 discount for any reason within the promotional period.
b) FTPE will not issue further prompts, reminders or communications to Participants to redeem the £10 discount PIN.
17. REDEEMING: £10 discount PINs are linked to email address - when redeeming the £10 discount PIN, Participants MUST use the same email address in which they registered into the Offer. Participants will be unable to redeem the discount if they use a different email address.
18. Eligible Participants will understand they qualify for the Offer on receiving an email containing the £10 discount PIN on Thursday 27 February 2014:
a) Due to the scale of the Offer, it is not reasonable for FTPE to provide a public list of all eligible Participants, or contact every eligible Participant individually informing them of their eligibility in addition to emailing all eligible Participants with their discount PIN.
b) FTPE reserves the right NOT to contact any or all eligible Participant(s) informing them of their eligibility prior to the release of the email containing the discount PIN.
c) FTPE will NOT announce a list of eligible Participants, nor promote, publicise or provide a list of eligible Participants, on any of its communications channels, including (but not limited to) its website, Facebook page or Twitter channel.
19. If a Participant DOES NOT receive an email on Thursday 27 February 2014, then the Participant’s registration will have been deemed ineligible at FTPE’s discretion:
a) FTPE’s decision is final.
b) Due to the scale of the Offer, it is not reasonable for FTPE to contact any or all ineligible Participants directly.
c) FTPE reserves the right not to contact a Participant informing them of their ineligibility to receive a £10 discount PIN where the registration is deemed ineligible by FTPE at its discretion.
d) FTPE will NOT enter into any correspondence with individual ineligible Participants at any time via any of its communication and / or customer channels, either proactively or reactively.
20. While FTPE will reasonably manage any potential technical issues arising with the Offer, the Participant agrees FTPE will not be held responsible for any technical difficulties encountered that may affect their ability to register, receive the £10 discount PIN, or redeem the £10 discount PIN.
21. FTPE reserves the right to verify all Participants and to refuse to award the Offer and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this Offer entry requirements or otherwise where a Participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the Offer or won using fraudulent means.. As part of fraud minimisation, FTPE will carry out rigorous quality checks on all registrations received to ensure validity and eligibility, and to reduce the risk of fraudulent registrations. FTPE will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of FTPE, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this Offer, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, FTPE reserves the right to cancel or amend the Offer or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to Participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
23. The £10 discount cannot be redeemed on any purchase less than £12.
24. An administration charge may be levied if a change is made to your journey.
25. Refunds are not available.
26. The promotion is not open to FTPE employees or immediate families of FTPE, or their associated companies and agents or anyone associated with the administration of the Offer.
27. No cash alternative is available in whole or in part and the Offer is not available in conjunction with any other FTPE promotion.
28. Railcard discounts apply.
29. The discount is not available on student advance tickets.
30. FTPE will handle all Participants’ data in full compliance with existing Data Protection laws as stated in the Data Protection Act 1998.
31. This Offer, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Offer.
Promoter: First TransPennine Express, 7th Floor Bridgewater House, 60 Whitworh Street, Manchester, M1 6LT
Advance ticket terms
1. Advance tickets are available on the majority of longer distance single (one-way) First TransPennine Express journeys.
2. They must be purchased before 18:00 at least one day prior to travel.
3. Savings on Advance fares vs. purchase on the day.
4. Due to the limited availability and popularity of these tickets, please book early to avoid disappointment.
5. Advance tickets are valid only for the train service for which they are booked.
6. An administration charge will be levied if a change is made to your journey.
7. Advance tickets are non-refundable.