Terms and Conditions
1) The prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over who provide their email address after completing the Prize Draw form.
2) Employees or agencies of First TransPennine Express (“FTPE”, “We”, “Us”), its group companies or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw may not enter the Prize Draw.
3) Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have fully understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
4) To enter the Prize Draw, you must complete the Prize Draw form and submit your name and email address. No purchase necessary. No bulk or third-party entries.
5) If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Prize Draw, please email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manchester Day Prize Draw” in the subject line.
6) Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
7) FTPE accepts no responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by FTPE.
8) The opening date for the Prize Draw is 11:00 on Sunday 22 June 2014. The closing date for the Prize Draw is 19:00 on Sunday 22 June 2014. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
9) Ten winners will be chosen at random from all entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will take place on Monday 23 June 2014.
10) Ten winners will be chosen at random and receive the prizes as follows:
a. The first eight winners drawn at random will receive return train travel on FTPE trains in standard class only - the prize does not include meals, beverages, additional expenditure or spending money, and cannot be taken on any other train operating company’s services. The prize will be sent to the winner by post.
b. The ninth winner drawn at random will receive a trip to Ardwick depot, including return travel on FTPE trains in standard class only – the prize does not include meals, beverages, additional expenditure or spending money, and cannot be taken on any other train operating company’s services. The prize details and arrangements will be confirmed to the winner by email and train tickets sent to the winner by post.
c. The tenth winner drawn at random will receive a trip for up to four people on FTPE’s service to Edinburgh or Glasgow with an over-night stay in a three-star hotel accommodation, including standard class return train travel on FTPE services. The stay must be taken on any two consecutive days between Monday 1 September 2014 and Sunday 31 January 2015. Hotel and accommodation and train travel is offered subject to availability and the prize excludes bank holidays and Christmas dates. Train travel cannot be taken on any other train operation company’s services. The prize details and arrangements will be confirmed to the winner by email and train tickets sent to the winner by post.
11) All prizes are offered subject to availability – while FTPE will make all reasonable arrangements in relation to the prizes, including hotel accommodation, Ardwick depot and travel on its services, competition entrants accept that prizes are subject to availability.
12) FTPE accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize (including, without limitation, travel to and from restaurants).
13) The prize must be used between Monday 1 September 2014 and Saturday 31 January 2015 excluding bank holidays and Christmas dates (Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years’ Eve and New Years’ Day).
14) The winners will be notified by email on or before Monday 30 June 2014 and must provide a valid name, postal address and email address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond within 14 days of being notified by FTPE, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and FTPE shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and FTPE shall be entitled to select another winner.
15) The prizes must be accepted as offered and are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
16) FTPE retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
17) The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Prize Draw and the winner shall participate in such activity on FTPE’s reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by FTPE and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Prize Draw for an unlimited time, of the winner’s voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by FTPE and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Prize Draw, all entrants consent to the same.
19) FTPE accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of FTPE for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
20) FTPE reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontiunue, temporarily or permanently, the Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of FTPE in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
21) FTPE shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, iots, civil commotion, inevitable accidences, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amount to force majeure.
22) The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrant to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
23) By entering the competition, the entrant agrees that if they have not been contacted within seven days of the competition's closing date, then the entrant has not been drawn as a winner
24) The winners' name(s) and county is available 28 days after the closing date. Send a sae marked 'Prize Draw Results – Manchester Day 2014’ to: Marketing Department, First TransPennine Express, 7th Floor, Bridgewater House, 60 Whitworth St, Manchester M1 6LT.
25) Promoter: First TransPennine Express, 7th Floor, Bridgewater House, 60 Whitworth St, Manchester M1 6LT.