Our @TPEAssist Twitter team monitor our account 24 hours a day, our team are based in our Operations Control Centre and between them, they have many years’ experience in a variety of roles on the railway.
What you can expect from us on Twitter:
- We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours per day as detailed in our Twitter bio. The only exception to this is Christmas day, Boxing day, New Years Eve and New Years day.
- If you require a detailed explanation of something, information on the progression of a case that is being handled by our customer relations team, discuss something in a private environment or wish to make a formal complaint then you will be re directed to our Customer Relations team who will be able to assist you further.
- We aim to run a reliable train service. However, due to the number of services we operate, we are unable to broadcast information on individual train delays. We therefore aim to provide information when there is significant service disruption and there is a blockage of the line requiring alternative transport to be provided.
- We will also keep you updated on planned engineering works that might affect your journey with us.
- We may also broadcast information about events across our network.
- If we are unable to assist you on Twitter then we will direct you to where you can find more information with regards to your query.
What we expect from you on Twitter:
- Please don’t get personal with members of the team on Twitter – we are all here to try and help you. We will always be courteous and respectful and all we ask is to be treated in the same way.
- We understand that you can get frustrated when things do go a little wrong but please do not use foul or aggressive language. Whilst we don’t want to block customers from following us on Twitter, we may be forced to if you break these guidelines or we feel it is necessary.