Check out all the benefits they’re bringing to a station near you
Our new fleet of 10 electric trains will be coming into service in May. This means loads of fantastic improvements for our passengers, such as extra seats, more services and faster journeys. We’ve picked just three stations to illustrate the fantastic effect these new trains will make across all of the First TransPennine Express routes.
- There will be an increase from four to seven journeys per day between Manchester and Glasgow.
- Our new electric trains will operate on this route with significantly increased capacity.
- There will be a new hourly express service from Liverpool to Newcastle.
- Journey times to Manchester will reduce by up to 15 mins.
- Journey times to Newcastle will reduce by up to 43 mins.
- Five trains to Manchester per hour.
- More than 2,000 seats available per hour.
- Liverpool to Leeds reduced by up to 31 minutes.
- Manchester to Leeds reduced by up to 7 minutes.
Check out our New Trains section for more information.