What you need to know
Collect Nectar points on eligible train tickets bought online through any of the following train companies which, together with FirstGroup PLC shall herein be referred to as “FirstGroup”:
First TransPennine Express
To collect points on tpexpress.co.uk, you will need a Nectar card. If you don't already have one, you can sign up for a Nectar card here.
You must link your Nectar card number in the ‘My Account’ section at one of the FirstGroup train companies shown to collect points on train tickets bought online. Once you have linked your card, you will be eligible to collect:
a) 2 points per £1 spent on train tickets bought online (excluding season tickets, Gift Vouchers, Travelcards and PLUSBUS);
b) 50 points for the online purchase or renewal of a weekly season ticket (where available).
200 points for the online purchase or renewal of a monthly season ticket (For tickets valid for more than 1 month, but less than a year, you will collect points for every full month, up to a maximum of 2,500). i.e. a 2 month, 3 week season ticket would be worth 400 points.
2,500 points for the online purchase or renewal of an annual season ticket;
(All season tickets offers are subject to change from time to time and will be updated on this website accordingly); and
The Small Print
1. Train tickets bought through any of our assisted travel helplines will qualify for Nectar points.
2. Bookings for group travel that cannot be completed online will not qualify for Nectar points.
3. Incorrect or invalid Nectar cards or Nectar card numbers will not be awarded points. Customers are responsible for ensuring the details they enter are correct.
4. Points will appear on your account within 28 days of buying your tickets.
5. If you receive a refund, any Nectar points collected will be deducted from your Nectar account within 28 days. Deductions for multiple tickets are calculated on the individual ticket price. You will not be eligible to retain Nectar points in respect of any fee payable in relation to a refund.
6. Points cannot currently be redeemed on any of the FirstGroup websites.
7. All FirstGroup companies reserve the right to:
(a) withdraw at any time any Nectar points that were granted by FirstGroup:
(i) in the case of any fraudulent activity;
(ii) in error - as solely determined by Nectar and/or FirstGroup (for example if the Nectar logo was mistakenly displayed on the view item page of an excluded item);
(b) withhold or delay issuing Nectar points; or
(c) change these terms at any time. Your continued use of your linked account following notice of such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of any such change. It is your responsibility to check the terms and conditions regularly to determine whether these terms and conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the terms and conditions then you must immediately stop using your linked account.
8. When you receive points from any FirstGroup train company, you agree to abide by the Nectar collector rules - for more information click here
9. Delivery charges may apply to online purchases for postal delivery. Free ticket collection is available at selected stations.
10. You agree that, except for death and personal injury arising from the negligence of FirstGroup, FirstGroup shall not be liable in contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise for any loss or damage whatsoever arising from or in connection with these terms and conditions.
11. FirstGroup shall have the right to immediately terminate these terms and conditions and/or suspend the use of your linked account if you commit a breach of these terms and conditions.
12. Each provision of these terms and conditions shall be construed separately, applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances and shall remain in force notwithstanding the termination of these terms and conditions howsoever occasioned.
13. No waiver by FirstGroup shall be construed as a waiver of any breach of any provision of these terms and conditions.
14. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the parties hereby irrecoverably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Court. Residents of Scotland may also bring proceedings within a Scottish court of law