Sign in to view your journeys, link your Nectar card and more
New train times from Sunday 20 May 2018
From Sunday 20 May 2018 we will be introducing major timetable changes for train services across the North of England and Scotland, which will improve connectivity, create new journey opportunities and deliver enhanced reliability.
As well as delivering a better service for our customers, these changes will pave the way for the introduction of our new Nova fleet of trains, starting with Nova 3 later this year.
You'll find a quick summary of all the improvements here, but please make sure you plan ahead and check our travel updates before you set off.
• Journeys between Manchester (Victoria) and Liverpool Lime Street will take just 35 minutes (compared to the current 52 minutes via Warrington Central) when we begin operating both our services on the route between Manchester and Liverpool via Newton-le-Willows and Lea Green
• An increase to two fast services every hour between Newcastle and Manchester calling at York, Leeds and Huddersfield (with the majority also calling at Durham)
• There will now be six trains an hour across the Pennines between Leeds, Huddersfield and Manchester.
From 20 May, two of these services each hour will begin calling at intermediate stations between Manchester and Leeds (previously served by Northern services), providing these communities with direct services to Leeds and Manchester without the need to change trains at Huddersfield
• New hourly evening services between Hull and Manchester
• More services on Sundays from Middlesbrough and Hull
• Earlier and later services on weekdays from Scarborough and Middlesbrough
• Services to and from Scotland will run non stop between Preston and Manchester Piccadilly and will no longer call at Wigan North Western or Manchester Oxford Road
• Our services will no longer operate on the route via Birchwood, Warrington Central or Liverpool South Parkway
Our new timetables are available to download here
Download the latest timetables for our route between the North West of England and Scotland.
Download the latest timetables for our routes between Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle and Scarborough