Services update for Friday 24 February 2017
Update 2120click here
1. This Promotion is open to legal residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over who are interested in music, art or food & drink, excluding employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this Promotion.
2. No purchase necessary and there is no charge to register for use of the website. Internet access is required.
3. Enter between 00.01 BST on 9th May 2016 and 23.59 BST on 9th June 2016.
4. Visit www.tpexpress.co.uk/wherenextproject , complete the form with your full name, date of birth, email address, phone number and evidence of your skill in music, art or food & drink (via your website, portfolio, YouTube channel, Vimeo or a hosted PDF) and explain, in no more than 100 words, why you should be chosen to win the Prize and why you are the ‘next big thing’ in your chosen skill.
5. All entries must be received by the end of the Promotion Period to be valid and no liability is accepted for illegible, incomplete or late entries. All entries received after the end of the Promotion Period will be automatically disqualified.
6. Maximum one entry per person during the Promotion Period. [Joint submissions are not allowed.]
7. Six winners (two per skill) will each win a Mentorship Programme for their chosen skill (music, art or Food & Drink) which will run over three days (lasting at least two hours) during June – August 2016 as part of the Where Next Project. The mentors and mentees will choose the location for their meetings together. There will be one mentor dedicated to each of the disciplines (art, music or food & drink). The mentor will also contribute to a ‘showcase event’ which will be curated by themselves and the mentee.
Further Mentorship Programme Details and Conditions:
a. The Prize is for the winners only;
b. The winners will receive one-to-one mentoring on 3 days, lasting at least 2 hours;
c. The winners must be available for three dates between June and August 2016 (actual dates will be confirmed with the winner during Winner notification);
d. The winners will be mentored by a Chef, DJ or Artist depending on their particular interest; and
e. The Promoter will provide food (breakfast and/or lunch) as well as return economy travel only for the winners only to the chosen location of the mentoring.
Further Showcase Event Details and Conditions:
a. The Prize, organised by the winners and their mentor, will be open to all and the winner can invite guests;
b. The winners are responsible for the behaviour of themselves and their guests whilst taking the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to exclude the winner and/or guest from participation in the Prize if any party fails to comply with the directions of the Promoter or any companies associated with the Prize or the winner and/or guest act in a manner that is dangerous to themselves or to the public or is, in the opinion of the Promoter, anti-social in any manner or which causes a disturbance or nuisance to others; and
c. The Promoter will provide food (breakfast and/or lunch) as well as return economy travel only to the showcase event for the winners only.
General Prize Details:
10. The Prizes are non-transferable, are not exchangeable and have no cash alternative in whole or in part.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative Prizes, of equal or greater value, should the advertised prizes become unavailable for reasons beyond their control.
12. All valid entries (subject to moderation) will be judged by the Promoter and the mentor, who will be independent from the Promoter, on a skill basis and how suitable the applicant is for the mentorship. The judging will be conducted within 5 working days of the end of the Promotion Period and will be in accordance with the following criteria:
- Need to fit with TPE (TransPennine Express) brand values;
- Should showcase a clear passion for and commitment to their field (art, music, food & drink); and
- Should be available for mentor meetings over the summer.
13. The Promoter will send the full names of the judges to anyone who encloses a self-addressed envelope to the address set out below within one month of the end of the Promotion requesting details of the judges.
14. The winner will be contacted via the email address and/or phone number provided upon entry within 5 working days of judging and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility plus acceptance of the prize within 14 days of initial contact. In the event a winner does not respond to communications within the 14 days of initial contact, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and allocate that Prize to an alternative winner selected in the same manner.
Videos/Photographs, Social Media and Intellectual Property:
15. By entering the Promotion, entrants give their permission for their entries to be used by the Promoter without further compensation, over and above the award of the Prize, for up to one year for promotion purposes. Copyright will remain with the entrant. However, by entering this Promotion, the entrant agrees to the Promoter publishing these entries on their website and possible further use on their website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms, or any other media. They also agree to other possible promotional use in media of the Promoter’s choosing without any further payment, over and above the award of the Prize, for up to one year but with appropriate credit given to the original entrant.
16. The Promoter will reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
a. contain any content that is offensive or could reflect negatively on the name, reputation, or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner;
b. include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by you or used without the right holder's prior written permission (including famous names, company names, etc.);
c. defame, misrepresent, or insult other people or companies, including, but not limited to the Promoter (including its partners and other group companies); and
d. promote any political agenda.
17. Entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete entries, entries submitted by or via third parties or syndicates, entries submitted by macros or other automated means, and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that participant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Promotion, that participant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void.
Publicity and Personal Information:
18. If you are the winner of the Promotion, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
20. The winner will be required to participate in any reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion.
Exclusion of Liability:
21. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered by any entrant entering the Promotion or as a result of accepting or participating in any prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
22. The Promoter or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of The Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to lost, delayed or not received entries or winner notifications.
23. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
24. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which us beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
25. The name and counties of the winners will be available by going to www.tpexpress.co.uk/wherenextproject which will be available after 1st July 2016 for 4 weeks.
26. The Promoter’s decision is binding in all matters relating to this Promotion, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
27. By entering the Promotion, entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms & conditions.
28. The Terms and Conditions of this Promotion shall be interpreted and applied on the basis of English law and the Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Promoter: First TransPennine Express Limited of 8th Floor, Bridgewater House, 60 Whitworth Street, Manchester M1 6LT